January 29, 2016

Perfect in her imperfections….,

As I picked up my gym bag, I looked myself back in the locker room mirror. Memories since the last 8 months rushed fast, but where should I even start…!! She took me by surprise….!!
August19th
A perfect 1300 calorie breakfast from my mom to kick start the day. If I had any idea that fate is going to twist and curl my life, I’d have had perfectly avoided her by spending all day in bed. What happened can’t be undone. We are close, and after many twists and turns, I finally met her that day, for the first time.
Just think a 170 pound guy who looks like a cousin brother of a buffalo meeting a girl for the first time. My mind was already making 200 different plans on how to screw up. It was 5 pm, and it crossed my mind to send her a text and call it off, but I am glad I didn’t.
We met in the lobby of my gym.
I need to get a few facts straight, there was no music in the air, no arrows from cupid hitting me, no somersaults…, but it was amazing, to this day I don’t have a clue what she and I talked that day. I have no freaking idea, I think I still didn’t come out of that trance yet. She was wearing a long yellow top with red dots on it and a red pyjama. To be honest there was actually nothing… absolutely nothing special about her, at least that’s what I tried to believe.
We shook hands, and there was no electric shock, neither fairies nor the magical spark. It was calm, and smooth, but I can’t forget how hard I was trying to hold my 44 inches belly inside.  
I was doing multitasking back then, I was looking up into her eyes as I spoke, and I am being honest, I still don’t remember what we talked that day. And when I was looking up at her, I was thinking, “why the hell is she taller than me”, and I was holding my belly inside, and another thought was “damn, she is slim, and look at me, she will hate me for the rest of my life”…
I was looking into her eyes as we spoke, and we met only for a couple of minutes, but then there was mole near her lower lip, it was somehow very damn attractive. For some unknown reasons, against every instinct of mine and against every moral fibre, I started liking her. Few minutes passed, and we bid our farewell, and I took stairs and went to the first floor, and I was watching her from the first floor lobby as she was leaving. I then saw her hair tied into a bun, few hairs were standing up, looked amazing. I always liked loose hair, for the first time I liked hair being tied up into a bun. Before she took off, she turned back once, I don’t know why she did that, but the moment she turned back to see, that was the moment everything changed.
Eight months passed and I still don’t know why I want her, and why I dream of spending the rest of my life with her. She is careless, lazy, spoon-fed, everything I hate in others, and yet those are things that dragged me to her, and tied me up to my feelings for her. Am I in love?
“Harsha ………………….. Harsha”
My trainer snapped me back into the present.
“Harsha, the gym management is asking for you pics to put up a flexy as you have reduced 50 pounds in 3 months” my trainer said
“Sir, my weight loss is the dedication of my feelings to a special someone. I was able to lose weight, shut my mouth for all the tasty oily food for that someone so that she and I can look amazing together, when I stand next to her….. I am not interested in all these promotions, spare me the talk” I made it clear once again to my trainer.
As I walked through the parking lot, I thought …. Why did I fall for that careless, carefree, thrifty, and lazy girl of all people… I had no answer for that and I will never have … she is just “Perfect in her Imperfections”




3 comments:

  1. Waiting for you to write a book !! The way you narrated seems to be fantabulous !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete