January 15, 2011

The Beginning Of a New End

Memories keep on blazing with time, heaping like a pile of breaths..
But the memory I share, a three year old one, is till afresh, stirring my blood even today, making my heart a parchment of paper.
           I clearly remember the strike of the midnight hour on my wall clock.                                                                                                                                               Not a second had passed, shravys called me
           “hi baby..happy birthday..!!!”  she said in her most childish voice “what is my baby doing??”       
“thank you darls, where is my gift shravys..??” i said seeing the same moon which she is seeing from her window.
“oh my baby darling, I am giving you the gift which u want the most...” she paused, took a heavy breath, then she sighed.. and she started “iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv...”
and before she could complete those magical words,
I said “no darls, not now, I want you to say it eye to eye”
“ok baby, papa is leaving to B’lore, I will come along with him, and ask him to drop me...ok chweety??”
“love you idiot” I said with a loud laughter
I still remember that laughter has woken up my mom, and she rushed to my room to check if everything was fine.
And i had to cut her call as my friends were also trying on the line.
after all the wishes have ended, I went to my draw and saw the gold ring ,which I kept safe for this moment.
I started to count the seconds as minutes, I don’t know when I zapped into sleep.
“Harsha..Harsha..” someone jolted me back to reality... “Prasad uncle and Shravya are hit with a accident..come on fast..get ready..need to go” said my father in a deep perspiring tone.
“WHAT ...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”  I shouted back at my father.. “this is impossible..it can never happen”
“son, there’s nothing much to worry, just a minor scratches, rest everything was fine” assured my father
I raced to my bike and I immediately went to hospital where they were admitted,
My aunt was breaking down to tears.
Doctor said that , my uncle escaped with a few fractures and..and my Shravya is counting minutes.
I was crestfallen, my knees started shaking with coldness, I collapsed on the chairs behind me..
“c-can I-I see he-her” my voice stammered.
“be brave my child” said the Doc tapping my shoulder
I rubbed of my tears, and I started to take heavy steps to the ICU.
What can I see was only a pile of bandages crushed into a bag.
She is wide awake panting, struggling to take breaths. My tears found their own way through my eyes.
She lifted her hand towards me and was telling “co-com” and her fingers trembling.
I immediately rushed to her taking her hand in my two hands and I broke into a million tears.
She called me close
She raised her hand to wipe off my falling tears, she failed to do so, her hand was not responding  
“nothing will happen to you darls, I will do anything to get you back to me” I said crying and kissing her forehead.
“h-hey bab-y do-don’t cry” she said uttering words with highest difficulty “m-my thr-oat is b-burning sweety”
All I could do is to sit and stare at her pain, I was unable to see her in that condition
I was hitting my heart..and I felt something hard in my pocket, ‘MY RING’
I took it out, and I took her blood bathed finger and I encircled the ring around her finger.
I could see hey eyes becoming wet
“hap bday baby..I-I lo-love..................................................”
And before she could complete her words, the mission gave a loud beep..and I lost her to eternity.
I just fell over the ground curling all around , my hands turning into fists and I was sobbing.
Far apart from what was happening, I was still in a vacuum, the truth I faced was too hard to accept.
There were a lot of painful cries all around.
Though I didn’t see what was happening, I could guess what was happening,
I could see her hand over the edge of the bed, I tried to get up from the ground, but was unable to get up, I tumbled down several times..and couldn’t even get up, my legs were trembling
With much effort I stood on my knees, seeing her I was hitting my heart..
“when you wanted to say ‘I LOVE YOU’ I stopped you from saying..and I wanted to hear you went away to a place I could never hear” I said kissing her hand and brought to my heart and rested over there.
3 days over since her burial, I never let anyone take off that ring from her hand. It belongs to her, forever and ever. I know she was not there to the world, but not to me, she gave me a millions of memories to live a life time.
And so her memories ticked off ‘The Beginning of a New End’


(DEDICATED TO CHINNU , FOR GIVING ME HER EAR TO SHARE MY PAIN AND PROVIDING ME HAPPINESS TO LAST FOR...THANQ MY FRIEND)

1 comment:

  1. RIP....I bet she will be with you in your nxt lyf bro...don worry :)

    ReplyDelete